We pledge to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, the People's Republic of China.
- Data Collection
- We collect your personal information:
- when you use a form on this website to subscribe to our information services of this website, to participate in any activities provided on this website or to change your personal information;
- when you provide information by telephone or in documents, such as applying for use of services provided by the Create Hong Kong Funding Administration and Information System ("CFAIS"), making applications under the CreateSmart Initiative("CSI"), participating in any activities related to CFAIS, submitting your own work (e.g. articles or art works) or expressing your opinions;
- when you log in or come to this website, at which time our network servers will automatically record and verify your domain name and IP address and track the pages you visit. This information does not identify you as an individual;and
- when legally required to do so.
- Your visiting this website will trigger the use of our cookies, which are stored in your computer's hard drive for the purpose of facilitating your navigation of this website only. No personally identifiable information is collected through cookies. You may refuse to accept the cookies by adjusting the setting of your computer, but you may not be able to utilise certain functions of this website (e.g. banner display) as a result.
- The provision of personal data by means of this application is voluntary. However, if the applicant does not provide sufficient information, it may not be able to process its application.
- We will use your personal information to:
- send you information to which you have subscribed or any other information about this website or the CSI;
- provide the services you require and process your application made under the CSI or applications for participating in any activities related to CFAIS;
- contact you for feedback, survey, or whatever purposes; and
- maintain and develop our systems, research and develop our services, and conduct and publish statistical and data analysis.
- We collect your personal information:
- Subject to 2.2 below, we do not sell, trade or disclose to any third party any information you provided unless we have been authorised by you or are required by the law.
- We reserve the rights to disclose your personal information to other government
departments or appropriate
third parties if we are required to do so by law or we believe that such action
- to protect our rights and properties in relation to this website and other users of this website;
- to comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order;
- to protect against misuse or unauthorised use of this website or any services we provide in relation to the CSI; or
- during emergencies, such as when somebody's safety is at risk.
- Personal data (including name and email address) of the successful applications would be disclosed to the general public by posting the information in CSI websites;
- All collected personal data would be managed by CSI in accordance with relevant government records retention policy.
- When you click on a hyperlink referencing to any other websites, you are leaving this website for another location. We are not liable to or responsible for your exposure to cookies and the privacy or security of any personal information you subsequently provide at the new location.
- Every registered user has his or her private password, and our system allows restricted access with that password only.
- Access to personal information is only granted by using the authorised password.
- We will protect all personal data in our system, but will not guarantee that the transmission of data is absolutely secure. If you discover any of your personal data being disclosed to a third party, please contact us immediately.
- You should not reveal your password to any third parties. We are only responsible for protecting the passwords within our system.
- You should avoid saving your password in the computer hard disk, and you must close the browser window immediately after you have logged out, in order to prevent others from accessing your personal information.
- Changing Your Personal Information
You may use the HTML forms provided in this website to correct or update your personal information. In response, we may ask you to provide details for verification purpose.
If you have any question about the personal data collected by the CSI, including access to and correction of personal data, please contact:
CreateSmart Initiative Secretariat
30/F, Immigration Tower
7 Gloucester Road
Wan Chai, Hong Kong.
Tel : (852) 2294 2774
Fax : (852) 3165 1389
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org